We continue our post “What to consider if you choose a wedding venue for your wedding in Hungary?” with some more useful tips you should think about.
Inside or outside…
A lot of couples imagine a romantic outside wedding reception with greens and trees decorated with lanterns or fairies and they forget to consider some details.
- Have always a plan B in case of rainy or cold weather! Book the venue just in that case if they can provide an inside room as well!
- Listen to the traffic noise. If it is too loud, it can be disturbing!
- Ask about it how can they provide electrical outlets for DJ or band! Is it possible to build a stage for them and a dancefloor for your guests?
- How long can you stay outside? (most of the outside places can be used until 10.00 pm, because of the noise regulations)
- Do they have any sunshades you can use against the sun or light rain?
Choosing the menu and decide if it is a seated or standing wedding reception is also a crucial part of the planning process.
Ask the venue for some menu options, to see what do they offer, to see their selection and prices and if they offer both plated and buffet menus.
Think about it that the classical, more elegant served dinner needs more space, time and wiaters than the buffet but the buffet means a wider selection for the guests. There are pros and cons for both, and because of this a lot of couples combine them. The starter and soup will be served and the main courses and desserts are on the buffet table.
The prices can also help to decide. In most cases, the buffet dinner has a lower price because it needs less waiters.
Consider also if the venue can make the menu you want. May be they are really good at the traditional food but they are not a specialist in e.g. Italian food, which you may prefer. Go to the venue to have a trial, before you order the menu. This can be also a good occasion to see the way they work, how attentive and polite the waiters are.
At last but not least don’t forget to ask about the beverages! Do they allow to bring your own spirits with? Do they offer beverage packages for certain hours?
In Hungary most of the venues offer packages for 8 or more hours which means that your guests can drink as much as they want from the selected alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages during the wedding reception.