Most of the couples who are searching for the perfect venue for their wedding sign the contract quite fast as they fall in love of the beauty, the view, or the neighbourhood of the venue and they don’t really consider more practical things, which are important and can influence the whole wedding planning process.
I would like to help you to summarize the most important issues you should think about it. If you plan a wedding abroad, it will be more difficult to get the exact information and it is not easy to visualise the opportunities… Try to get as much information from the venues as you can, search on the web, read forums or consider hiring a local wedding planner who could help you.
Location, location, location…
Location is everything. Choosing your wedding venue is one of your most important wedding planning decision, you will take, and which will influence the planning process. The couples who are planning a wedding in Hungary have plenty of choices of wonderful, nice venues. The first stage is to decide if the wedding should be in Budapest or at the countryside.
If you want to enjoy the spectacular view over the Danube and the city, than you should choose a venue which is located at the Castle district or in the city centre at the bank of the Danube. If you imagine a romantic, quiet place, than a hidden castle is the best choice for you.
If you consider the pros and cons, keep also in mind how far is the venue from the church or from the city hall, where the ceremony should take place. Try to avoid longer journeies.
First of all you should have a good idea of guest numbers that you will probably have at your wedding before you start searching. Then decide the style of the venue. Should it be a castle or a historical building, a nice hotel, a restaurant or should the wedding reception be in a marquee? After choosing the style you can visit several venues (which fit your wedding budget), where the following questions should be considered:
- How big is the room? Would you have enough space for the guests tables, buffet table, band and dancefloor? (it shouldn’t be nor too small neither too large)
- Is it one bigger room or the band and dancefloor or alternatively some of the guests would be separated?
- How can they make the lay out for your wedding?
- What’s the decor like? Does it fit your style and wedding colors you would like to have?
- Do they have adequate bathroom facilities?
- Do they have air-conditioning?
- Do they have any restriction you should consider? (no loud music after a certain time, no confetti or candles…)
- Do they have an in-house caterer? If not, do they have any limitation on which outside caterer can be used?
- Do they provide any services you may need free of charge? (menu cards, speakers, etc.)
- Do they have any hidden fees beside the costs of the food and beverage? (service charges, overtime charges, etc.)
Next part is coming soon!